- Finished (am finishing) my first semi-real job
- Maybe possibly a little bit found the meaning of life
- Almost finished my accounting course
- Bought some new glasses
- Actually felt satisfied with my level of human interaction
- And work ethic
- Ran five miles before work along the esplanade
- Drank iced coffee almost every day
- Didn’t get quite enough sleep but it’s okay because I feel like I’m sprinting toward the finish line
Happy Friday! I was trying to think of a cute tradition I could start for every Friday, but I couldn’t think of anything so I’m ditching the idea for now. Here are five fun lil facts you wouldn’t know otherwise!
1. I’m taller than my boyfriend.
I am maybe just now finally becoming okay with this fact, perhaps. Over the past two and a half years, I’ve become incredibly skilled at the art of getting John to stand up straight in pictures and crouching ever-so-slightly to put us eye to eye. There’s only about an inch of difference, but you’d think there were five the number of times I got a “You look so much taller in real life!” the first time I visited John at school.
2. I’m a former ketchup hater.
This was more of a fun fact when I actually hated ketchup. I tricked myself into liking it by transitioning with Whataburger ketchup. It tastes so much better than normal ketchup, I swear. Anyway, I find it to be a pain to be a picky eater, so I’m working on knocking the last few items off of my “won’t eat” list.
3. A year ago, I couldn’t run a full mile without stopping.
I’ve been talking about running a half marathon with John since the end of last summer. Which is funny because even then, I could barely run three miles. I’m finally up to barely being able to run seven and plan on spending the latter half of my summer getting up to 13.1. The mini isn’t until January, but I don’t trust myself if I don’t hit some goals early on.
4. I went on a shopping spree a few months ago and I still feel guilty.
I haven’t looked at an online store since. I was working full time and the money just felt like it was flowing in and it’s not like I’m super strapped for cash now as a result but like…a whole paycheck? On re-vamping your wardrobe? Really, Allison? And you got a pedicure that weekend too? Dear God. Yeah. Like I said. I’m not shopping again for a while.
5. I’ve had iced coffee to drink almost every day for the past three weeks.
The bigger secret? How many packets of Sugar in the Raw I’m putting in that iced coffee. I tried to give up sugar for a couple of weeks this winter. Worst two weeks of my life. I have a horrifying addiction. I promise I’ll try again soon.